Friday, January 5, 2007

New Year Eve

New years eve was at Nana's house again this year. Her newly redone living room was spacious and welcoming to the 18 close friends and family that attended. We ate like kings and played Nintendo Wii until just a few minutes before midnight.

I love our Nintendo Wii. Zelda:TP is a fantastic game, and probably worth buying the system for just that, but Wii Sports is what makes the Nintendo Wii simply amazing. I've play Tennis and Bowling with 4 friends at once, and we had a blast. We're all gamers, so it was no real surprise that we got so into it. I was very pleased that Jenn likes it a lot, as she is very much a non-gamer. But what blew me away was during the new years party, the more ...erm... senior (AS IN CITIZEN) attendees couldn't put it down. They played Boxing, Tennis an Bowling and had a wonderful time. Seeing Franzie box frantically with his whole body like a real athlete, and be beat repeatedly by little Carolyn was hilarious. And seeing just how into Bowling Mrs. Bastow got was a real kick.

And now my mom wants to get one. =)

Nintendo really hit it out of the park with the Nintendo. I could go on and on about the cool Mii's and how you can pop the SD card from you digital camera right into it to view pictures, or the awesome web browser and wifi connectivity. Heck, I could be posting this message from my Wii right now! But, I'll save more ranting about the Wii for later...

No comments: