Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Breakfast Mystery


We went to a traditional Japanese restaurant for breakfast. It was full of strangeness. It included a nice piece of salmon, a bowl of rice porridge , a small bowl of ground seaweed (to be eaten with the porridge), a small bowl of pickled cabbage, cucumber, and salted cherries, a bowl of lightly pickled egg plant, and a small bowl of greens of some sort (spinach?) with mushrooms, in a yummy smokey sauce.

It was very strange. Melody said the cherries were really good, so a hauled off and took a bite. But they had a pit, and I just about split my tooth. I told her that I'd I'd just expense the dentist visit.

While it was adventurous, it's difficult to have a less than comforting breakfast in the morning. I was kinda out of it to begin with, and the bite of cherry pit certainly woke me up, but it wasn't really the best start for the morning. Next time, pancakes please.

No comments: