Thursday, May 22, 2008

Final Day

I slept much better last night without any strange dreams, but was still up early. I took some pictures of the room, checked email and then put together my powerpoint presentation for the morning meeting.

Breakfast was downstairs at the Yahoo Cafe, and was mostly western style. Eggs, toast, fruit and then hot dogs, salad with blue cheese and minestrone soup. Go figure.


I killed about an hour, and then Mel and I headed off for our meeting. The meeting long and very successful. We left happy, but didn't have time to do the shopping at the place we would have liked, so we just walked the streets around the hotel

For lunch, we found the most wonderful noodle shop. You would pay at a small vending machine, which would dispense a ticket. You'd then take the ticket to a small kitchen area, hand it off to them, and they'd prepare your meal. The noodles and tempura were absolutely wonderful, and a stellar last meal in Tokyo.


We headed back to the train station after some light shopping, and rode back to the airport. It took about an hour, and was uneventful. After some additional shopping, and a couple beer we got on the plane.

I slept for most of the flight back so time passed pretty quickly. Food was a bit better then on the way into Japan, but still pretty poor.

I watched National Treasure 2, which was horrible and Cloverfield, which was pretty good.

We caught the shuttle back to the parking lot and drove home. I got to my house at about 1pm.

What a great trip.

As part of our meeting discussion, we were directed to meet again with the big boss in September. I don't know if that means another Tokyo trip, but I can only hope...

No comments: